Cant find your answer? Simply contact us directly
Simply click on any question to reveal the answer…
- The first step is that we give you a short demonstration. The site will be customised to your needs, so it’s far better to start by showing you how the site works and the elements relevant to you. At that point you decide if it has value to your school.
- If you decide it’s worth investigating further, we arrange an academic overview. It’s very important for your academic staff to understand how the materials work and their educational options. They should have a separate session focused exclusively on the materials.
- We’ll give you a log-in so that you can explore it on your own.
- Talk to some of our existing clients. We can put you in touch with similar schools so that you can get a better understanding of how it benefits them.
That depends on your volume of students and the length of access. We can give you an idea after an initial conversation and demonstration.
Usually 4-6 weeks. The actual process of implementation doesn’t take very long or much of any one person’s time. However it usually involves different people and concludes with training.
There are two periods to consider. The set-up and ongoing training and support, specifically:
- Set up. The process generally takes about 4 to 6 weeks. It doesn’t usually require a lot of any given person’s time, but there are a variety of meetings and calls that will need to be scheduled.
- School Directors: We will meet to discuss your strategic objectives and develop a list of requirements for our implementation consultant to use in setting up your programme.
- Academic: Our implementation consultant will meet with your academic management to agree on the applications most appropriate for meeting the strategic objectives. This may lead to action items such as sending us your syllabus and other documents, or organising training with teachers. We then need to present this to the teachers.
- Operations: We need to talk to your web designer about setting up a login box on your site, your database manager about how to manage the logins, and your reception staff and social program coordinator about uploading documents and events.
- Academic: This can range from nil to high involvement depending on your needs and goals. If your teachers are regularly using the system, we should plan on periodic follow up training.
- Operations: Student creation is almost always automated. You will need to either upload your social program regularly or send it to us to manage.
- E-Learning champion: Someone needs to be responsible for looking after in-school usage. The amount of time required depends on usage.
- Computers in good working order with a min 1024 X 768 screen resolution, sound cards, Internet Explorer 7 and above or Firefox.
- Reliable internet connectivity.
An initial meeting should be set up to determine if the system matches your needs. Setting up an online learning system may affect how you want to handle your marketing and pricing, therefore the sooner you understand how it’s likely to work, the better positioned you will be to make decisions about it going forward.